Do you have difficulty concentrating?
In this article we’ll try to give you some good tips on how to concentrate and avoid the lack of concentration while you’re studying or working.
Do you sometimes have difficulty concentrating? You feel like you can not study efficiently because your head is full of various thoughts?
How to improve concentration?
No matter what the factors that hinder your learning are, we will try to guide you and give you some useful tips on how to improve concentration, so that you will not have problems with your concentration when you sit down and learn. The lack of concentration may be presented because of external factors (your surroundings), as well as internal factors, so you have to start looking at where this reasons came from. Is television causing disturbance? If so, the solution is simple – turn the TV off. Maybe you are disturbed because you cannot log off Facebook, because all your friends are online right now. Simply shut your computer off. This are simple solutions.
But sometimes your problems might be deeper and such problems can really cause a lack of concentration. Maybe you have a crush on someone and you cannot stop thinking about her or him? Do you have problems at home with your parents or with your partner? These and other similar obstacles are really annoying, especially when you’ve got just a few more days to examination and you cannot focus.
Tips and tricks to improve your concentration
1) To increase concentration firstly choose an environment in which you want to learn and you feel comfortable. Such an environment should have no interfering elements like television, computer, telephone, refrigerator and stuff like that.
2) When you choose a place do not swap it often, since this will affect your learning. Try to study in one place. Arrange your place to have suitable and comfortable chair and enough light, otherwise you can damage your spine and your eyes.
3) Ask people that are around you to be quiet. They will understand. For studying, you need silence. If this is not possible, buy yourself earplugs that will prevent you hearing any sound.
4) Before you start to learn, make sure that you have all the material you need. Tthis means notebooks, notes, books and pencils, erasers and pens and accessories that you may need. All of this should always be on the desk
1) Before learning, always eat well, because hunger can be a common factor for distraction. Maybe a diet rich in protein and fiber to the brain will help you. Avoid sweets, because fluctuations in blood sugar has a bad influence on alertness. You can read more about what is the best food to eat when studying on the link: Best food to eat when studying.
2) Never study when tired. It is useless, you will not remember a thing, because being sleepy is just another word for lack of concentration. It is best to learn in the morning, when you have most energy. Also, prior to studying you can do some brain exercise to enhance your brain and your alertness.
3) Have a lot of sleep to improve concentration. Sleeping is refilling your body with energy. If you have no energy, than you brain lacks that very same energy too resulting in decrease of concentration. Your concentration will drop dramatically.
4) If you get carried away while studying, take a short pause, drink a glass of water, make 10 squats or push-ups and continue studying, or any other activity you do.
5) When you have a problem that disturbs you regularly, make sure to write it down on a piece of paper and find a plan on how you’ll solve this problem. Talk to someone who can help you. Having unsolved problems can lead to decrease of concentration.
Improve your concentration with this simple tasks
Several times a day try to consciously decide that you must concentrate on something and try to hold focus on this matter for at least 30 minutes. You can do this at home or at work too. Each time thereafter extend the time for another five minutes until you reach one hour. Once you can focus for one hour that you have a good chance to stay focused for longer periods too.
Because learning same topics over and over again can become boring and thus your concentration might drop, try to do some creative stuff while you are learning. Underscore the words, draw some small pictures besides topic titles, draw graphs to visualize what you are studying etc. That way your studying will be more productive.
To increase concentration exercise regularly. By exercising you increase your blood flow to the brain and improve your concentration. You can also do some exercises for brain. By exercising you improve alertness and concentration.
Always when you are done studying, you can reward yourself with a small prize. This way you will have more will and determination to finish one task at a given time.