Good study music
Do you love to listen to music while you study? Well it’s been proven that to some people music can help you study. Such person are also known as “listening type”, that means that they can listen to music and do other things at the same time and don’t get distracted. They remember things by remembering the sound of “things”, just like sometime you can remember something by smelling a particular smell and it reminds you of something. Picking up good studying music is not hard. Read on.
Which is good studying music?
If you don’t get distracted by the music in the background than you are a listening type of a person. Here is some good study music and some types of music that are convenient while studying.
The mentioned research (made in USA, Ohio) proved that music can help you build better mental concentration. The study showed that listening to:
- classic music (like Mozart) will allow you to study better overall,
- soft electronic music (like chill-out) will improve your creativity,
- listening to dancing music will wake you up (obviously),
- listening to loud music with intense bass will make you learn by heart better.
Good study music suggestions
- Let’s start with classical music. Vivaldi’s Four Seasons is a great pick here. Also, Tchaikovsky 5th Symphony is a nice tune to listen to in the background. Such music is peaceful and can be listened in the background with no problem. The music is chilling and relaxing.
- What about soft electronic music? Some may argue, but for me a nice chill out and a soft classical music have a lot in common.(if we ignore the fact that electronic music is made using computers and classic music is made using instruments of course). Chill out music is usually also a peaceful music and will make you study easily. You will not get distracted by such music playing in background, but on the other hand, passively listening to music in background will increase your alertness.. Read here why: Music can increase your alertness while studying.
- Dancing music is not suggested while you study. Dancing music is not considered a good study music.. Why? Because such music is to lively and disturbing. It can be only used when you are studying something by heart – that means reading and reading the same topic to make you remember it easier. Also, loud music with strong basses is helping you learn something by heart.
I usually don’t listen to music while I study, but some of my colleges do and they say that it works for them. You should try it yourself and see if it works for you. If you get to distracted than don’t listen to music when you are trying to learn something. Also, try to keep the volume down if it is too loud – music should be always played at low volume – at such level that you can hear you hear yourself breathing.